3D iCAT scan is a state-of-the-art technology in dentistry available only at select dental offices. Cone beam computed tomography (CT) produces three dimensional (3D) images of teeth, jaw bone, nerve pathways, soft tissues and facial bones in a single scan. This technology helps dentists provide precise diagnoses and treatment planning of complex dental cases.
Sedation and Implant Dentistry Las Vegas is using 3D scan technology to deliver the best dental services. A detailed scan is available within minutes to provide our patients with faster results.
Benefits of 3D imaging
A 3D image provides your dentist with a comprehensive look of your current dental situation. The 3D view provides your dentist the ability to create the most effective treatment plan for your smile. Having a precise and comprehensive radiology report helps our dentists prepare for your surgery. Sinuses, tooth decay, nerve position, joints, bone density and blocked airway are all captured in as little as a few seconds with minimal radiation. The entire scan is so quick that you feel safe and relaxed.
The benefits of using this state-of-the-art technology include:
- Sinus lift planning
- Properly diagnosing and treating TMJ
- Implant planning, design and placement
- Designing more comfortable crowns
- Pre-surgery pathology procedures such as finding infections, looking for sources of mucus, and identifying areas of puss
- More accurate root canal surgery preparations
- Increased comfort for patients
- Accurate airway assessments
- Sleep apnea treatments
- Location and assessment of impacted teeth
With these types of comprehensive images, we can make better decisions on the treatment of our patients and provide them with the best and least invasive treatment options.